Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thank you
Pixel Mine Forums > Ashen Empires > Announcements > Community Blackboard
Uthgardt
Thank you GM Astrum for being the ONLY one in the AE team, DEV or GM, to donate some of your holiday time to the community. We appreciate it, honestly, but still feel let down by the fact that only DEVs can spawn the Nith tables that were promised over system messages and posts on forums. But Astrum gets an A because he made the time to spend with the community on a holiday in which I doubt he was even given a paycheck to do so, and to be honest, it was fun.

It's hard to feel sympathy for OE and how hated he is when this is what we get from him biggrin.gif

Happy Easter
Solus

Really appreciate wink.gif It was fun and I do like post above! High Five to you!
OneEye
QUOTE(Uthgardt @ Apr 24 2011, 02:30 PM) *
It's hard to feel sympathy for OE and how hated he is when this is what we get from him biggrin.gif

Driving 2 hours back home because the VPN wasn't working to turn the drop flags off wasn't good enough for you I take it...Oh well, it's tough to be 'hated'....
GM Quanyin
Yes, GM Astrum's event was fun and a lot of work for him. He is the current holder of the title of "Event Maestro".

However, he did have some "minions" hovering in the back ground - OE driving out of his way to turn things on and off and GM Timaeus and I tweaking the mobs and creating the prizes. And then there's the matter of the other 360+ days of the year - support tickets and pages - just grunt work but imagine what sort of crying there'd be if a few days went by without it.

OE, I guess we must be doing something right. As "god" said to Bender: "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

PS. Yes, GMs get no pay checks and OE gets almost the same.
Ashleigh
missed the event, heard it was good though !

PS: OE did you forget to leave program open? I use one for college and someone always closes program on home PC sad.gif
Uthgardt
Driving 2 hours back home because the VPN wasn't working to turn the drop flags off wasn't good enough for you I take it...Oh well, it's tough to be 'hated'....
[/quote]

Okay, and the Nith drop-table that didn't happen?
Reviver
I like the bender quote lol.......
OneEye
QUOTE(Uthgardt @ Apr 28 2011, 04:24 AM) *

This was a GM run event. My job was to turn off the player drops on the server. Besides that I had no real involvement. Friday night, my wife and I stayed at a hotel that we got as a Christmas present. I work up Saturday and tried to hit the servers to turn off drops on the hotel wifi using our secure VPN and found out it wasn't working. Instead of blowing it off, I drove home to get on my secure tunnel into the servers. This was at least a 2 hour detour.

Astrum had been reminding me about this for months now. This is how long he had been planning this event for you. I didn't want to let him down.

After I returned home on Saturday morning to turn off the drops, I left immediately for Houston (3.5 hour drive) where I had a wedding shower all day.

Sunday when the GM's found out they could not spawn Nith for the event, i was on my may back from Houston and couldn't do anything to help.

Not everything is some big conspiracy against YOU...

The GMs did the best they could. I did the best I could. I am happy with the outcome even if it didn't go exactly as Astrum planned.
Unknown
QUOTE(OneEye @ Apr 28 2011, 08:14 AM) *

This was a GM run event. My job was to turn off the player drops on the server. Besides that I had no real involvement. Friday night, my wife and I stayed at a hotel that we got as a Christmas present. I work up Saturday and tried to hit the servers to turn off drops on the hotel wifi using our secure VPN and found out it wasn't working. Instead of blowing it off, I drove home to get on my secure tunnel into the servers. This was at least a 2 hour detour.

Astrum had been reminding me about this for months now. This is how long he had been planning this event for you. I didn't want to let him down.

After I returned home on Saturday morning to turn off the drops, I left immediately for Houston (3.5 hour drive) where I had a wedding shower all day.

Sunday when the GM's found out they could not spawn Nith for the event, i was on my may back from Houston and couldn't do anything to help.

The GMs did the best they could. I did the best I could. I am happy with the outcome even if it didn't go exactly as Astrum planned.

This is the kind of commitment that you need potential players to read!
greetje

Thanks "All" of you for the nice event and the ph's

Reviver
QUOTE(Unknown @ Apr 28 2011, 10:22 AM) *
QUOTE(OneEye @ Apr 28 2011, 08:14 AM) *

This is the kind of commitment that you need potential players to read!

QUOTE(greetje @ Apr 28 2011, 01:29 PM) *
Thanks "All" of you for the nice event and the ph's

biggrin.gif Most of us know your commitment to the game OneEye and we know that the rest of the devs are commitment to the game as well.....so thank you for the event(missed most of it-hints no new video to post on my facebook and my wife's facebook lol)and all the work yall put into the game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.