Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Details on Factions, Town Sieges, PVP, PVP Island
Pixel Mine Forums > Ashen Empires > General Discussion > Ashen Empires Game Discussion
FujiQ
Factions & Town Sieges

You may ally with one of three factions: Lotor, Neutral, or Talazar. All characters begin as Neutral. To join a faction, talk with a faction officer in Lotor’s Summer Palace. They will give you a series of quests. Once you complete the quests you will be part of that faction. You can change faction from Lotor to Neutral to Talazar and back from Talazar to Neutral to Lotor, but you cannot change directly from Lotor to Talazar or vise versa.

Lotorian and Talazarian players are open to be attacked by the opposing factions at all times. Guards in a hostile town controlled by the opposing faction will attack and attempt to kill players of the other faction. Lotorian and Talazarian players may attempt to take over a Neutral or opposing town by attacking and defeating the Town Guardian. The Town Guardian is a very strong boss who lives in certain towns. Towns without a Town Guardian cannot be sieged.

Neutral players can walk freely in any town and cannot be attacked by other players unless they are wanted for attacking an NPC (including town guardians), turn their PVP flag on manually (type /pvp), or heal someone of a different faction. Once the Neutral player’s PVP flag is on it will not turn off for 24 hours. Neutral players may participate in a town siege with a different faction and help take over a town (type /pvp lotor ; /pvp talazar to temporarily ally with a faction).

When you defeat the town guardian, the town will change to alignment to that faction. Depending on your participation, you will get a certain number of faction points for defeating the town guardian. There are NPCs in LSP that sell faction armor for faction points. You can only wear that armor when it matches your alignment. Thus, if you buy Lotorian faction armor and switch to the Neutral or Talazar faction, you cannot equip the Lotorian armor until you change back.

You can check a player’s faction by looking at the color of their name or by viewing their character screen . White stands for Lotor, green for Neutral, and Orange for Talazar. Light green is for neutral players flagged for PVP and flashing grey indicates the player is wanted. Blue is a special color reserved for GMs and Developers. Hostile creatures have red name, non-hostile creatures have yellow names.

City Bonuses
Jeel
CONSTITUTION 7
INTELLIGENCE 8

Hothbra
MIND 5
CONSTITUTION 8

Vrethpool
MIND 5
INTELLIGENCE 5

Varg
PIERCE 6
STRENGTH 6

Lopal
SOUL 6
DEXTERITY 6

Parian
HEALTHREGEN 10
STAMINAREGEN 2

Chlera
PIERCE 8
DEXTERITY 5

Desprail
DISEASE 10
STRENGTH 6

Josody
CONSTITUTION 10
HEALTHREGEN 10

Redwake
POISON 7
DEXTERITY 7

Dunmarrow
CUT 6
CONSTITUTION 6

Grell
STAMINAREGEN 100
SOUL 10

Dawat
POISON 10
STRENGTH 3

Arda
BLUNT 10
STRENGTH 6

Darushk
CUT 8
BLUNT 8

Teylan
DEXTERITY 12
NATURE 7

Gulley
NATURE 3
CONSTITUTION 5

Syldural
POISON 10
HEALTHREGEN 10

Darkfell
STAMINAREGEN 100
INTELLIGENCE 5

Ethera Palace
INTELLIGENCE 15
MIND 7

Duremar
SOUL 8
CONSTITUTION 5

Hammerfist
POISON 15
DEXTERITY 7

Maroven
STRENGTH 20
STAMINAREGEN 100

Soul, mind, body, nature, cut, blunt, pierce are all a bonus to resistance, not to skill. Buff 1 lasts 2 hours, 2nd buff lasts 1 hour.

PVP Rules

You can only attack a member of the opposing faction or a neutral player who is flagged for PVP. Looting items from a dead player’s backpack will immediately cause you to become wanted, at which point you are flagged for PVP and will be attacked (and jailed) by any surrounding guards. Only items from the player’s backpack can be looted, armor and weapons they have on at the time of death cannot be looted.

Players go wanted for attacking players 20 levels below their current level regardless of faction affiliation. Players killed my a player 20 levels above them will not drop any loot.

PVP Island

To enter PVP island you must purchase a pass from the store for 10 tokens and then speak to the PVP island NPC on the west bank of Lotor’s Summer Palace. You will enter at a random spot on PVP Island with all of your current gear and the belongings in your backpack, at which point you may attack and be attacked by other players, regardless of the faction alignment. You cannot loot other players’ corpses. For each player you kill will you will earn 6 tokens.

Once you enter there is no time restriction on how long you can stay. If you are killed by another player you will return with your winnings to Lotor’s Summer Palace. You can also choose to leave PVP Island at any time by talking to the “Leave PvP Island” NPC and return to LSP with your winnings. If you leave PVP island at any time you must pay to enter again. There are no other NPCs or monsters on PVP Island. Be prepared with healing potions and other items you will need to survive.

PVP Points
PVP points can be earned by defeating other players or by defeating someone on PVP island. NPCs on LSP will exchange PVP points for special gear.

New Racial bonuses
Bonus to skills will be added at a later date.

Human
Int - Level/20 - Max 5 Orbs
Bonus to spell skills (ex. +5 body, nature, mind, soul)
Bonus to Mage Weapons (+10 to Skill)
Secondary Bonus - Stamina Bonus : Maximum 10%

Orc
Str - Level/20 - Max 5 Orbs
Bonus to Resist Poison/Disease (+7% resistance poison/disease)
Bonus to Resist Large Blades and Short Blades (+3% Resistance)
Secondary Bonus - Health Bonus : Maximum 5%

Elf
Night Vision
Dex - Level/20 - Max 5 Orbs
Bonus to Resist Elements(+5% resistance body, nature, mind, soul)
Bonus to Bows, Xbows, Thrown (+5 to Skill)
Secondary Bonus - AC bonus : Maximum 10%

Other changes
- Taskmasters are back
- Bronze players can now party, have limited trade (can't receive from subscribers), and gain xp at 50% the normal rate
Unknown
I'm not receiving the old bonus hp for being an orc =/
FujiQ
Op! My apologies, new bonuses do not stack with old bonuses. However, there are some racial bonuses on the way that didn't make it in this time.
Unknown
Oh, ok. Thanks for the info =)
Vaensarius
PcP island sounds fun!! wacko.gif
Tyrantx
QUOTE(Vaensarius @ Jun 4 2008, 02:16 PM) *

PCP Island? OH NOES!!! tongue.gif tongue.gif
Mazrath
FujiQ had a typo. lol
ThatDarnCat
QUOTE(Thetyrant @ Jun 4 2008, 01:18 PM) *
QUOTE(Vaensarius @ Jun 4 2008, 02:16 PM) *

PCP Island? OH NOES!!! tongue.gif tongue.gif

All the mobs are 20X stronger than normal and unaffected by Pepper Spray or CS gas with or without vomiting agent.
FujiQ
I can only hope that is my lasting legacy. But no, tis fixed now.
Gurney
What about players who used a race change.
My orc once nightelf looks like a human.
Any fix for it?
Ghost of Choice
How do faction and reputation alignments interact? Will a Crusader who is a member of Talazar's faction still be attacked on sight by Evil guards, for example?
Bika
So how will lower levels gain faction points with the sieges or pvp island...sounds like another way to spread the gap in pvp.
KaleO
Ive noticed no body said anything about it on the web page or forum that i could see.... but, what are the new changes for the bronze level accounts mentioned on the launcher?
FujiQ
I should add that, thanks!

Bronze players now gain xp at 50% the normal rate, can party, and have limited trade (cannot receive from subscribers). Used to be no party, no trade, and 10% rate.
KaleO
Awesome thanks for the info
Cally
I'm not the best at finding things in the forums, so I figured that I would ask here.

Where are the new rules, how do things work on Legends, all I've found are the way things work for Heroes.

FujiQ
QUOTE(Cally @ Jun 5 2008, 06:18 PM) *
Where are the new rules, how do things work on Legends, all I've found are the way things work for Heroes.

Hey Cally, the way factions work on Legends can be summarized to: no PVP (outside of regular arena and new PVP Island) and no faction points (which can be spent on H to purchase faction gear).

On L you can join the Lotor or Talazar faction (or remain neutral). The ability to take over towns and change it to your alignment is the same. You are similarly able to receive the Town Wizard of Insight's buff once you take over the town. On H you would get faction points for defeating players of the opposite faction as well as for taking over a town.

Everything else applies to L as it does on H (such as what happens when you attack an NPC or heal someone other than your faction, and so on).

Hope that answers your question.
Malva
Everything sounds awsome! Changes FTW!
One question about PVPisland tho...
If I go there and kill a player that is more then 20 lvls lower then me, do I still get 6 tokens for that?
Unknown
Trade is not possible between players of opposing factions.
FujiQ
QUOTE(Dierdra @ Jun 6 2008, 03:21 AM) *
If I go there and kill a player that is more then 20 lvls lower then me, do I still get 6 tokens for that?

Yes, I believe so. Level and faction do not matter on PVP Island (well, I guess with the exception that if you kill a player of the opposing faction you gain 5 faction points).
Malva
QUOTE(FujiQ @ Jun 6 2008, 08:00 AM) *

Yes, I believe so. Level and faction do not matter on PVP Island (well, I guess with the exception that if you kill a player of the opposing faction you gain 5 faction points).

Schweet!
wub.gif
Vrarkaglu
QUOTE(Dierdra @ Jun 6 2008, 08:53 AM) *

Schweet!
:wub:

Nothing so sweet about it when we can't use the points :/ I f u not going to allow us to spend the point for the faction gear than have a reasonable selling sence and and let the one's that want to buy it with tokens or GOLD on L...Since pvp is out of the question and all we can do is look at the awsome gear.
Malva
QUOTE(Vrarkaglu @ Jun 6 2008, 09:53 AM) *
QUOTE(Dierdra @ Jun 6 2008, 08:53 AM) *

Schweet!
wub.gif

Nothing so sweet about it when we can't use the points :/ I f u not going to allow us to spend the point for the faction gear than have a reasonable selling sence and and let the one's that want to buy it with tokens or GOLD on L...Since pvp is out of the question and all we can do is look at the awsome gear.

Ok wait, rewind a bit here.
The 6 tokens I get aint the regular tokens I can use for subs?
mad.gif
FujiQ
QUOTE(Dierdra @ Jun 6 2008, 11:12 AM) *
Ok wait, rewind a bit here.
The 6 tokens I get aint the regular tokens I can use for subs?
mad.gif

He's talking about faction points, not tokens. On H you can earn faction points by killing players of the opposing faction (you get these when you kill them on PVP island as well). These points are not available on L right now.

Tokens you earn on PVP island are normal tokens that can be used in the store.
Still Da Mom
O.K. You say that if we die on PVP Island we are returned to LSP with our "winnings" and bodies cannot be looted. Does this mean we don't drop anything if we die on pvp island?
bryzar
so basically 1000's of tokens must be bought before the new leet gear is available
FujiQ
QUOTE(Still Da Mom @ Jun 6 2008, 12:54 PM) *
O.K. You say that if we die on PVP Island we are returned to LSP with our "winnings" and bodies cannot be looted. Does this mean we don't drop anything if we die on pvp island?

Correct, you do not drop or leave a corpse when you die on PVP Island. Here's a scenario;

TT and I agree to meet for battle on PVP Island. We each pay 10 tokens. We are placed somewhere randomly in the island, and sneak around trying to find one another. When we meet up, we battle (TT is Neutral and I'm Talazarian, but it does not matter, I can still hit him).

And I do. And I win. I get 6 tokens for it. TT is transported back to LSP with all of his belongings. The spot where he fell is empty and I run around looking for my next victim. MonkeyFist, let's say, has been lurking around on the island since before we got here. I find him, and let's say that I win again. Now I have earned 12 tokens. I decide I want to stop here while I'm ahead. I go talk to the NPC in the middle of the island, and he teleports me back to LSP. My token count is now 2 (paid 10, won 12) higher than it was before I bought the pass to the island.
OneEye
so basically 1000's of tokens must be bought before the new leet gear is available

you are not getting it.

Faction points buy you the l33t gear. Faction points are earned (H Only) from killing players of the opposite faction or defeating the town guardian.

PvP Island is a king of the hill type event where you pay 10 tokens to enter and get 6 for each kill you make. There are no corpses left on PvP Island, so no looting.

They are 2 seperate things.
Monkeyfist
QUOTE(FujiQ @ Jun 6 2008, 12:14 PM) *
QUOTE(Still Da Mom @ Jun 6 2008, 12:54 PM) *

Correct, you do not drop or leave a corpse when you die on PVP Island. Here's a scenario;

And I do. And I win. I get 6 tokens for it. TT is transported back to LSP with all of his belongings. The spot where he fell is empty and I run around looking for my next victim. MonkeyFist, let's say, has been lurking around on the island since before we got here. I find him, and let's say that I win again.

Now you're just being unrealistic. wacko.gif
FujiQ
leave me and my hypothetical situations alone.
Tyrantx
QUOTE(FujiQ @ Jun 6 2008, 01:56 PM) *
leave me and my hypothetical situations alone.

I am pretty sure I was killing everyone on PvP Island when we were testing. ALL HAIL THE TYRANT!
BillabongSoldier
Can people in Legends seige towns? or is that only for Heroes?
Koowluh
QUOTE(BillabongSoldier @ Jun 6 2008, 02:06 PM) *

I believe the siege system is as much in place on L as it is on H. The only two differences are that on L, you won't get any faction points for taking over a town, nor can you hit/kill other players.

So the only thing you'll get from taking over a town is the long lasting buff from the town wizard.
Liam
QUOTE(BillabongSoldier @ Jun 6 2008, 02:06 PM) *

HF was taken over by BRMC on L, but no faction points were gained as we cannot obtain them on L, you can still attack a town and take it over though
soncat
hail to thee . i sit at a spawn gate can do nothing because i buffed a player in hammer bank so im marked pvp. i sit at this spanw gate for 24 hours and cant play this game just sit at this spawn gate. canot craft because all some 1 needs to do is kill me and keep me in pvp mode. i sit at this spawn gate thinking about this game and PAY money to play this game but i cant play this game i can only sit at this spawn gate

hum im losing 10mil exp and 24 hours of PAYED game play
' but can not play
and found out a few people have sat at this spawn gate for 30 hours and they still are pvp mode'
soooooooooo im paying money to sit at a spawn gate to get no exp ;/

they to>> bewell always

ssoncat of BOS
Super Olvi
How long do I have to wait if I want to change faction? Tried to talk talazarian officer, but he just said "its too soon us to talk"..
Been neutral for like 3 weeks.. Soo, how long I have to wait? ohmy.gif

EDIT: So wait, I need to wait 24hours without buffing any1 / healing any1 etc to turn my pvp off and then turn it back on as talazarian? Wow stupid.

EDIT: I changed to Talazarian couple days ago with the /pvp talazar command. It says "Chaotic NEUTRAL" and Im talazarian.
Cant rez other talazarians, says im in different faction or my pvp flag is off. Cant do talazarian quest, says "too soon us to talk".

How do I get to talazarian???
delage
ok im a lotor but want to go bak to neutral...and ive already talked to the redeemer but i cant find the donation box or watever its called can sum1 tell me wat to do plz.
Morton
I will be back smile.gif for this
Dellrey Morklow
QUOTE(delage @ Jul 20 2008, 12:06 AM) *
ok im a lotor but want to go bak to neutral...and ive already talked to the redeemer but i cant find the donation box or watever its called can sum1 tell me wat to do plz.

the donation box is in te bottom right room of the abbey...

and on another note, to change factions you have to wait 24hrs since you have pvp'd.
Reviver
What about partying, I heard somewhere you couldn't party with...sec...EXample if i was nuetral and someone else was evil I couldnt party with them is that true vis versa with good
FujiQ
As long as the party leader is neutral, any faction can be in a party.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.