Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Merge the Servers thread
Pixel Mine Forums > Ashen Empires > General Discussion > Ashen Empires Suggestions & Questions
TripIe
i dont know why they still havn't just merged the servers, extend pvp toggle to level 109 and bosses has pvp zones. so there made a pvp & pve server. not enough players to split them into two servers. more bandwith for one server more players and less bills for two servers instead of one big one.
Nate
So you want to merge the servers, let them be forced into PvP at 109 and expect it'd have more players? H and L exist for a reason. Majority of L picked that server so they didn't have to participate in PvP. If you forced them to have to PvP at 109 then they'd just quit and AE will be worse than it is atm when it comes to player base. Good idea there.
Xervis
I played on L since it's creation, now I personally don't understand what the fascination with pvp is. I also play dransik and the only reason I'm on mainland (where pvp is) because it's complete with every single mob. Do you know why I hate pvp? Because of the discussion afterwards. Also the act of taking someones hard earned items also appalls me, someone hunts for weeks or months and gets an item only to have it looted a few hours later and have people mock them while they are in lsp. No thank you to PvP ever being on Legends.

To me PvP and Looting is like Stealing in real life, maybe that's just my morals talking but I wouldn't want to see another person who has earned his items to lose them.

Also the chat is much more mature now that H got upgraded as most people that were an issue have left, It's nice again. I also see the game come to fruition in Legends, because people work together, they do tradeskills a lot more.

Also kids these days are playing games younger and younger in age, and even being competent I like having L with out pvp or looting especially for those players. Kids take things harder than adults, and it doesn't lead a good example.

All PvP does, is allows people who talk trash to each other the opportunity to fight it out, than once the battle is over, trash talk each other. Over and over and over and over. Same process repeats itself for eternity. What's the point?

No pvp on L ever.
sick
QUOTE(Xervis @ Mar 21 2013, 05:07 PM) *
I played on L since it's creation, now I personally don't understand what the fascination with pvp is. I also play dransik and the only reason I'm on mainland (where pvp is) because it's complete with every single mob. Do you know why I hate pvp? Because of the discussion afterwards. Also the act of taking someones hard earned items also appalls me, someone hunts for weeks or months and gets an item only to have it looted a few hours later and have people mock them while they are in lsp. No thank you to PvP ever being on Legends.

To me PvP and Looting is like Stealing in real life, maybe that's just my morals talking but I wouldn't want to see another person who has earned his items to lose them.

Also the chat is much more mature now that H got upgraded as most people that were an issue have left, It's nice again. I also see the game come to fruition in Legends, because people work together, they do tradeskills a lot more.

Also kids these days are playing games younger and younger in age, and even being competent I like having L with out pvp or looting especially for those players. Kids take things harder than adults, and it doesn't lead a good example.

All PvP does, is allows people who talk trash to each other the opportunity to fight it out, than once the battle is over, trash talk each other. Over and over and over and over. Same process repeats itself for eternity. What's the point?

No pvp on L ever.

that was deep.
Professor Rinc
QUOTE(Xervis @ Mar 21 2013, 03:07 PM) *

No pvp on L ever.

Except most kids love the fact of taking peoples hard earned **** because they haven't gained a real concept of life yet. They don't understand what it means to hold a job and work countless hours, pull all nighters, and meet countless deadlines so you can sustain the cashflow for that new car you bought. Ironic that almost every single player was a young kid when these games were just coming out. The kids don't want the PvE, the adults do. Kids love to trash talk, there is no setting an example on a video game as if they're on video games they've been trash talking all along. That is the gaming community, welcome. Leave the example **** to the parents.

Stay on PvE games Blueman, just understand that AE and Dransik do not represent that and never have. These games are golden eggs in the fact that PvE only was an OPTION and PvP was the world. That is why when things get fixed on this game everyone flocks back to Heroes. Problem is there still is no point, as summon corpse defeats the purpose. Heroes is still a PvE environment sadly, hope more work will be done.

Use the ignore function on AE if you have a problem. Guilds will always talk badly to one another. That's the whole point of this game. To join a faction and create a tension between multiple groups of players, that way you drive battles to keep coming your way. You say it "repeats itself for eternity" but that's the whole point. To keep pissing each other off, keeping the EGO's high and the hate for another higher to drive oncoming battles to keep people playing. Everyone wants to be the best on a PvP server, that's why it works. Welcome to the golden age of gaming Blueman, it died long ago because of people like you so you're welcome to leave what is left here for us and not complain.
Nate

No pvp on L ever.

Another person to compare looting in a GAME to stealing from someone IRL. You're the type of person who will call someone a thief IRL for looting someone in a game. Pathetic, really.

Also, haha, at the L chat being more mature. I still log on L from time to time and I still see how immature the chat is even with all the "ones that were a issue" have left. You're one of the issues in L chat. Suggesting things that are stupid, thinking your ideas are the best thing ever when none of them makes any sense and/or lacks any logic whatsoever.

How can someone who just said they been on L since it's creation discuss anything PvP related? How can you except your opinion to mean **** about PvP when you haven't played H? Shove off, Blueman, no one cares what you think.
TripIe
woah i didnt think this would be turned into threat.

But anyways kids like to trash talk and pvp? I'm sorry but I've have been trolled on many times but really if they get under your skin maybe you're as immature as them because you too spoiled to ignore them or walk away. And uhhh, no i'm not a kid or trash talker but i enjoy pvp competitive or friendly you might lose items you worked hard for but that's what makes the game continous. work harder and this time know what not to do from your mistakes. I have lost many items and many battles in H. and i think this would help populate the servers because there would be more guilds and solid players instead of afkers playing the game. Players will be getting more interactive into working towards the goal and thats becoming stronger, bigger, and better. and then there will be only one server so staff wont have to be doing double the work/pay?. its overall better and would be healthier for the game minus the spoiled players. even if pvp was forced opon you, you dont have to pvp really you can still play like L just bank sit and craft without leaving sz or going into pvp zones and dont hit level 110...or make pvp toggle open to all levels till 110 w.e makes players happier? I mean it's not like every single guild/person does bosses and stuff in L theres always only one guild/group whos gonna farm/camp those big bosses, why not work for them a little with pvp instead of agro stealing by numbers?
buffhr
QUOTE(TripIe @ Mar 22 2013, 10:57 PM) *
woah i didnt think this would be turned into threat.

But anyways kids like to trash talk and pvp? I'm sorry but I've have been trolled on many times but really if they get under your skin maybe you're as immature as them because you too spoiled to ignore them or walk away. And uhhh, no i'm not a kid or trash talker but i enjoy pvp competitive or friendly you might lose items you worked hard for but that's what makes the game continous. work harder and this time know what not to do from your mistakes. I have lost many items and many battles in H. and i think this would help populate the servers because there would be more guilds and solid players instead of afkers playing the game. Players will be getting more interactive into working towards the goal and thats becoming stronger, bigger, and better. and then there will be only one server so staff wont have to be doing double the work/pay?. its overall better and would be healthier for the game minus the spoiled players. even if pvp was forced opon you, you dont have to pvp really you can still play like L just bank sit and craft without leaving sz or going into pvp zones and dont hit level 110...or make pvp toggle open to all levels till 110 w.e makes players happier? I mean it's not like every single guild/person does bosses and stuff in L theres always only one guild/group whos gonna farm/camp those big bosses, why not work for them a little with pvp instead of agro stealing by numbers?

And with this logic we come back to, L is currently making the most money, has the biggest community, so why not merge and force the smaller community to accept non PVP everywhere except in Arenas and PVP island.

All of your arguments are just from your point of view and your enjoyment of PVP, they bring nothing relevant as to why this is a good idea and are even better suited as a reversal as to why if a merge was to happen that it should be PVE only.
Xervis
QUOTE(Nate @ Mar 21 2013, 11:59 PM) *

No pvp on L ever.

Another person to compare looting in a GAME to stealing from someone IRL. You're the type of person who will call someone a thief IRL for looting someone in a game. Pathetic, really.

Also, haha, at the L chat being more mature. I still log on L from time to time and I still see how immature the chat is even with all the "ones that were a issue" have left. You're one of the issues in L chat. Suggesting things that are stupid, thinking your ideas are the best thing ever when none of them makes any sense and/or lacks any logic whatsoever.

How can someone who just said they been on L since it's creation discuss anything PvP related? How can you except your opinion to mean **** about PvP when you haven't played H? Shove off, Blueman, no one cares what you think.

This is my opinion, if you don't like it. Oh well I can't force you to think the same way I do, and you can't force me to think the way you do. So instead of insulting me for my opinion just accept that other people out there are going to disagree with you for the rest of your life and get over it. Anger doesn't solve any issues that I'm aware of. But a cool calm and collected mass of people are the ones who make the future brighter. Which group are you trying to be in? The "I'm a tough guy here me rwar aka Keyboard Warrior" Or "Calm, collective, helpful and resourceful" I can tell you which one I think. But than again that would just be another opinion. Right?
AmaAra
As a new player of 4 months, I have to say if the servers were merged and it was mandatory PVP, I would immediately quit playing this game and kick myself for forking out $ for the expansions and construction and VIP.
Tricx
id like to know ertzels opinion
The Health Inspector
I second this.
NeoGico
1. H server is now busier than L server, so youd be forcing the smaller community into the larger one atm. Give it time and if H holds up, even more will flock from L.
2. H server is fully pve at the moment minus maybe 2 hours of the day. As the two megaguilds have allied themselves they have no opposition for 22 hours a day (only euro primetime gives them any competition), so if you want pve plus the bonus of exp increase just join A or Temp they are massrecruiting anyone and anything.
3. I feel as if the servers are finally back to its original balance, the quiet pvers are staying on L and it will take them longer to accomplish things than on H, but thats where higher risk rewards you higher, so if you want faster gains then H is your choice.
4. Even with this impulse of returning players the game is on its last hinge. If the update isnt released soon, most players will get bored very fast and it may very well be the last breath for AE.
Burzy
Yup, this is a good thing they've done, but it means s.f.a if that damn update doesnt come this year.
Drakiron
QUOTE(NeoGico @ Mar 26 2013, 08:12 PM) *
1. H server is now busier than L server, so youd be forcing the smaller community into the larger one atm. Give it time and if H holds up, even more will flock from L.
2. H server is fully pve at the moment minus maybe 2 hours of the day. As the two megaguilds have allied themselves they have no opposition for 22 hours a day (only euro primetime gives them any competition), so if you want pve plus the bonus of exp increase just join A or Temp they are massrecruiting anyone and anything.
3. I feel as if the servers are finally back to its original balance, the quiet pvers are staying on L and it will take them longer to accomplish things than on H, but thats where higher risk rewards you higher, so if you want faster gains then H is your choice.
4. Even with this impulse of returning players the game is on its last hinge. If the update isnt released soon, most players will get bored very fast and it may very well be the last breath for AE.

Lol, from my point of view, by 'updatin­g' H they are only switching the problem to 1 server to the other. And I don't know where you get your infos that players on Legends are 'quiet pkers', from what I saw of my time playing on L, most players didnt care about PVP hence why they choose L in the first place.

And I can't really say if it was a so *great* move giving H a so overwhelming bonus that pratically make playing L useless. I'm not even sure I know a game who can compare to AE who had such incitive to play on the PVP side other then 'killing' Players. But heh, guess Summon,tools bring lots of Tokens.
Simple opinion, but it also easy to see that these forum are 'alive' mainly by the H players and those are the most vocal.

So, if L become the new H, could we also get lower resist and con on Boss like H had for all this time or you going to buff L after 1 year? tongue.gif
Burzy
i get the feeling that the h buff is a quick fix to a long term problem: boredom. Its stirred things up a bit, which is nice. But new content...
Xervis

False, L is still more populated than H, also how would it be fair that the SECOND that the server gains more people (Hypothetically) that you guys say LOOK we got more people (Which you don't) merge L with H har har har. Well we've been asking that H gets merged in L for quiet a while years actually. and you THINK your population is higher (which it's not) for 1 day and you think you've the right to ask for L to merge with H when L made this game survive is laughable.

p.s. If it was not for Legends, and it's players. This game would not exist today period. Heroes can sit there and counter weight it all day, saying they use summons this and that and the other. Bottom line is L had on average 10-15x more players daily than Heroes, it supported the token system much more heavily than heroes, and kept this game running.

H needs to suck L's **** and do what it asks. as far as I'm concerned.
Burzy
wow, the entire pvp server, got pwnt by Xervis, oh this is the best entertainment i've had in years.
SilverKNite
Why merge servers - a person can make 8 characters in this game - 4 can be on Legends - 4 can be on Hero's
if i choose to play on Legends more than Hero's that is my choice - a few people say do this - just because you suggest it doesn't mean everyone else excepts it - lots of people won't even comment on it - but i can tell you this - you get the Server's Merged either way and it will be the end of AE - people will simply just quit playing the game - keep the Server's separate just like they are and have been - don't rock the boat or you may sink it

SK
George W Bush
QUOTE(Xervis @ Mar 26 2013, 09:02 PM) *

False, L is still more populated than H, also how would it be fair that the SECOND that the server gains more people (Hypothetically) that you guys say LOOK we got more people (Which you don't) merge L with H har har har. Well we've been asking that H gets merged in L for quiet a while years actually. and you THINK your population is higher (which it's not) for 1 day and you think you've the right to ask for L to merge with H when L made this game survive is laughable.

p.s. If it was not for Legends, and it's players. This game would not exist today period. Heroes can sit there and counter weight it all day, saying they use summons this and that and the other. Bottom line is L had on average 10-15x more players daily than Heroes, it supported the token system much more heavily than heroes, and kept this game running.

you must be new.
NeoGico
QUOTE(Xervis @ Mar 26 2013, 09:02 PM) *

H is more active than L at the moment... but just so you can calm your ****ing horse you little child, nowhere in my 4 points did I say the servers should be merged. Way to go to prove you're still a douchebag.
noobys
This will not happen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.