Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Big "Before Christmas" News
Pixel Mine Forums > Ashen Empires > General Discussion > Ashen Empires Game Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
OneEye
We are readying a newsletter to be sent out to all the subscribers, but in the meantime, you guys can see the content below.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello Ashen Empires Fans!

We have some exciting news for 2016! We are readying Ashen Empires to be submitted to Steam for Greenlight.

How will this help the game? Steam is the premier PC game service and has 90 million plus members. With Ashen Empires in their catalog, it will increase the visibility of the game which will provide a boost in the number of players. More players means more developer support will be possible as we move the game forward.

What is Steam Greenlight? Steam Greenlight is a system that enlists the community's help in picking some of the new games to be released on Steam.

What can you do to help? First, we want to capture movies of Ashen Empires gameplay with lots of different players online. We also will grab some new screenshots showing our top players in action. This will help Steam users who are unfamiliar with the game get a real taste of what it's all about. To do this we would like you to log in and play. To give a bit of incentive, we will offer ONE MONTH FREE of VIP time if you log in and play over the weekend of January 9th and 10th.

We will send out another newsletter when we have turned on our Steam Greenlight submission. At that time we will ask that you go to our Steam page (we will share a link) and vote for Ashen Empires to be greenlit and added to the Steam Library.

Don't worry, Ashen Empires will remain FREE TO PLAY. If you haven't played in awhile, you should jump in and get your skills up to par. You can download the game launcher to start playing within minutes -- or jump into the conversation on the forums.

When the Greenlight is accepted there will be a new UPDATE to the game made available. We know that many of you have waited a very long time for a big update to the game. We won't spoil too many of the details but several things that players have been lo(n)ging for for a very lo(n)g time will be included.

If you don't have a Steam account, you can create one now and download the Steam client by clicking this link. It's FREE, so there is absolutely no risk to you.

Thanks for all of your support!

The Pixel Mine Staff

Dropsun
> To give a bit of incentive, we will offer ONE MONTH FREE of VIP time if you log in and play over the weekend of January 9th and 10th.

Will this extend to Dransik players? You've not mentioned anything about Dransik at all, yet. I assume it'll be fine and dandy alongside AE?
YoYo
What will this mean for Dransik?
SoulHarvester
Great news, looking forward for that :)
SilverKNite
Will we be able to use Sandboxie on Steam - play more than one account?
Pbpredator
You guys bring a whole new level to trolling. Every Christmas we hear about the update finally being released. This year you decide to finally take the advice to green light. Instead of making this announcement via forum or news letter, maybe, just maybe... you could spend an hour updating the AE website and make the announcement there... I'm sure the new players will love reading through the posts from 2009 and all, but maybe something more relevant would suit them. Maybe give the perception that this game hasn't been dead for 7+ years.
SilverKNite
QUOTE(Pbpredator @ Dec 24 2015, 07:14 AM) *
You guys bring a whole new level to trolling. Every Christmas we hear about the update finally being released. This year you decide to finally take the advice to green light. Instead of making this announcement via forum or news letter, maybe, just maybe... you could spend an hour updating the AE website and make the announcement there... I'm sure the new players will love reading through the posts from 2009 and all, but maybe something more relevant would suit them. Maybe give the perception that this game hasn't been dead for 7+ years.

Some of us play every day so someone saying the game is dead is misleading to say the least - if you don't want to play just stop - you will be the one "Dead" not the game or us who play it
Zepharius
(N)?!
SoulHarvester
QUOTE(SilverKNite @ Dec 24 2015, 03:22 PM) *
QUOTE(Pbpredator @ Dec 24 2015, 07:14 AM) *

Some of us play every day so someone saying the game is dead is misleading to say the least - if you don't want to play just stop - you will be the one "Dead" not the game or us who play it

I think he wants to point out that latest news were posted "Wednesday, March 25, 2009", meaning the game might seem dead for 6+ years and new people might end up closing the site. They need to start releasing some news there too :)
OneEye
We don't use the AE website for updating news. The news page there has been disabled for some time. You can find the latest news here, on Facebook or on the Pixel Mine site.
OneEye
We will update the news archive to make it more clear that news is not posted there.

Thanks for the heads up.
Theforgotone
Answer the damn question.. what will this mean for dransik?
OneEye
There will be no change for Dransik.
Akhenaton
Im really glad to hear this.

BUT, it doesn't change the fact that the game should receive more attention FROM THE DEV TEAM. Not going to smash the same button over and over.

Besides that, some news years promotional discounts should occur or even you should try to work out with mmorpg.com(and/or other mmo sites) and do some give aways.

"What kind if giveaways?" I dont know. Maybe cosmetic items, maybe a tiny survival pack for the weaklings(me), etc.
Succubus
And there was much rejoicing! AECbiggrin.gif
Iorthunger
Now that there has been more information provided on this change - I can say that I'm very happy to hear this!
Can't make any promises, but, i'll try to logon periodically and much more often to help the new-comers that this will bring!

Poro Pojat went pretty well for the time it was active. Would be cool to restart it if anyone is interested.
QUOTE(Iorthunger @ Sep 30 2013, 06:36 PM) *
On a more serious note: I would like to get a group together to help out the next generation of players. It seems like a lot of new folks are getting ignored or killed.
The player population is much to fragile to not help, or worse, harass the newer guys.

Now, I'm not very active and unfortunately have very limited time for the game nowadays, so I can only do so much. Of course, when possible I'll log on and do what I can to help out.

If successful, this guild will NOT be NAPED with any of the new ''top dogs'' on H. There will be PVP at least on my part which will most likely put whoever joins at a higher risk of getting attacked. Hopefully, there will be enough helpful guys in guild to avoid discouragement.

My goal for this guild is to get the new players involved, As well as teaching the new generation vital organization skills on the battle field.

Anyway, if this sounds interesting to any of you guys just starting out or old vets wanting to help, get it contact with me.
Artorius
Great news...thank you.
Dire Elf
You've got my vote. As a long-term heavy MMO goer, the biggest drawback has been the limited playerbase. I remember this game during beta and how packed the world was. I hope to see it achieve this again. The game is superb to most MMO's with the amount of content and character development offered. That being said, I plan on pushing this through greenlight the moment it is up! Finally happy to see some news I can be excited for!
Davey
OneEye, does the video have to be explicitly gameplay footage? Or could you make like a montage video?

The reason I ask is because you could capture different elements of gameplay into a video montage with text on screen about the basics.

I'm no expert in video making, but I have an image in my head of stages of the video.

"Pixelmine Games Presents"
"Ashen Empires (formerly known as Dransik)"
"Created in 1998, now free to play with VIP options"
Video shows the character select screen, and someone picking out their character and logging in.
Video snippets of various elements being shown:
Crafting, Fighting, Party hunting, Guilds, Housing, PVP, Sailing, Questing, Boss hunts, different terrains (caves, snow, lava, desert, etc.)
And then the video ends with: "Try it today free!"

If anyone has anything to add to that, feel free! This could be a very different future for AE, so lets make this work.
Davey
I honestly think that if you make a deal about the age of the game, then that will be a winning ticket. People will feel some assurance that it's been around for years.
Theforgotone
QUOTE(OneEye @ Dec 24 2015, 08:46 AM) *
There will be no change for Dransik.

Thanks
Warrior X
Dransik is doomed anyway forgotten one, the game needs work that isn't going to be done to it to save it, and then and only then maybe put it on steam as well and I'm sure it would grow and become great again, like said people on steam will play old games, after all there's people who would play if they knew about the game and if it wasn't in such a piece of **** state now, but both DC and AE aren't advertised enough and not in the right places to make them get noticed, and those who do notice can look at forums, facebook page, or log on game a few mins hearing people talk and realize game has been at this stand still stage for a long time now, and push them away from playing.
Theforgotone
QUOTE(Warrior X @ Dec 25 2015, 06:50 AM) *
Dransik is doomed anyway forgotten one, the game needs work that isn't going to be done to it to save it, and then and only then maybe put it on steam as well and I'm sure it would grow and become great again, like said people on steam will play old games, after all there's people who would play if they knew about the game and if it wasn't in such a piece of **** state now, but both DC and AE aren't advertised enough and not in the right places to make them get noticed, and those who do notice can look at forums, facebook page, or log on game a few mins hearing people talk and realize game has been at this stand still stage for a long time now, and push them away from playing.

+1
Zafar
awesome news! biggrin.gif I hope everything turns out well!
NeoGico
nice one! Can you please boost the post on facebook if it hasn't been already. Never saw the post, lets try and get as many people online for the January weekend as possible. spread that word
Ashleigh
I'm looking forward to see how Steam will have an influence on AE's population. I think this really is what the game needs. I might even be tempted to play a little more if the the game becomes more populated :-)
Norco
QUOTE(OneEye @ Dec 24 2015, 12:44 PM) *
What can you do to help? First, we want to capture movies of Ashen Empires gameplay with lots of different players online. We also will grab some new screenshots showing our top players in action. This will help Steam users who are unfamiliar with the game get a real taste of what it's all about. To do this we would like you to log in and play. To give a bit of incentive, we will offer ONE MONTH FREE of VIP time if you log in and play over the weekend of January 9th and 10th.

Asuming everything goes well, I might stream some AE on a new char then just for the heck of it.
reikoshea
I know that fraud is still a big issue, but is there someway to put a timeout on getting your stars? I logged back in this week, added my new card, and now I'm at 2 stars. Of course I can just send a support ticket, but it seems like having them regenerate over time. 10-14 days? Whatever your normal fraud refund time is...but something.

I'm sure if I need to trade tokens I'll just throw you a ticket, but I imagine, this issue will come up pretty quickly after your greenlight announcement.
Zerzil
Hey oneeye I dont have acess to the email address I strted my account with will this be a problem when the game starts going through steam

Will there be a fresh new server I wouldnt want to loose my characters in a server wipe but I would like to play on a new server
Akhenaton
Same thing. New server without server moves for a long period. Everyone starting fresh.
Ashleigh
Would be an ideal way to give new players a better sense of community, rather than discovering a lot of people just hunt certain high level areas. I miss the days of seeing several people fighting for farm spots :P
Orbiss
QUOTE(Akhenaton @ Dec 29 2015, 02:31 PM) *
Same thing. New server without server moves for a long period. Everyone starting fresh.

Well if we are all sharing our dreams, that server would have the alignment pvp system : D
Dropsun
QUOTE(Ashleigh @ Dec 29 2015, 02:45 PM) *
QUOTE(Akhenaton @ Dec 29 2015, 08:31 PM) *

Would be an ideal way to give new players a better sense of community, rather than discovering a lot of people just hunt certain high level areas. I miss the days of seeing several people fighting for farm spots tongue.gif

This game hasn't had a fresh start server since Eidolon days... which is well over 7 years ago, and during iso. I wonder how it would go.
Zerzil
If we dreaming it would be pvp fo sure with the old alignment system, no server moves in, original experience, no orb resets
Angeline Silverfire
I have been waiting and waiting forever for some new content. I really do hope that steam is the way to go to revitalize our population and bring some new blood around. Guess the "green team" will break out the gear and have some fun =)
hightech
Add Dransik as a $4.99 game with 25x exp and solo player
Warrior X
QUOTE(hightech @ Jan 1 2016, 03:36 PM) *

lol
Zerzil
Is the (n) in lo(n)ging cryptic for a quest log?
Afkaserious
Ill be on sometime during that weekend for sure. Do us a favor. Bring back skeletons as bodies instead of the current graves. They look like shite.
Nergal
QUOTE(Warrior X @ Jan 1 2016, 04:07 PM) *
QUOTE(hightech @ Jan 1 2016, 03:36 PM) *

lol

Funny as it sounds, make it a co-op game and I would buy a bundle for all my friends on steam.
donjn
The quest lo(n)g ive been asking for years about. OneEye! OMG is this going to happen??
donjn
With this, will we be able to use Steam funds for purchases? That would be insane!
Halsort

Will the one month free subscriptions only be added after the game joins the Steam system?

I received an email asking me to log in over the weekend which I did with 3 accounts (2 of which used to have subscriptions some time ago but have expired) So far none of the accounts can use the vip soulstone or have the account bank.

On logging back in I noticed I still have tokens left to use which I had forgotten about!
OneEye
We will add the free month the next time we take the servers down for maintenance.
LL
any idea on when that will be OE?
Kab00m
That can take some time...And i tought we get it right after weekend -.-
Afkaserious
Just get VIP while waiting. If you want to level quickly thats the way to go.
OneEye
More than likely this weekend.
Jerod
Does that mean that we can expect some sort of update this weekend?
Urglab
The server restart did not actually give out the 1 month vip OE.

EDIT nvm, now it updated vip.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.