Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So How Have Things Changed?
Pixel Mine Forums > Ashen Empires > Servers > Heroes Server
Mazrath
So has anything remotely interesting changed on the server known as Heroes? Been out of the loop for awhile now so I am behind the times.

So has anything worth noting happened on Heroes?
Priest of Parian
How long you been out of the loop? in last few months a large percentage of the pop from H has moved to L or away from the game as the PvP issue has created a very difficult time for many.
Mystic
Heroes is dead! (not the TV series, the SERVER!).

From what I know, people keep on moving from H to L (not the other way!) - with this rate there will be no one left in H in a few weeks. sad.gif
Mazrath
I suppose I quit the game about a week after Tempester and everyone moved to L at the start of the year. So basicly the population of Heroes have been gradually declining?

That sounds like PvP really needs a good looking at. Last I remember anyone with out Dragon gear got seriously pwned.
Knoll
Yes Ganon........ Heroes is dead and I am going emo
.Myke.
It's saddening.
1ajs
theres no reson for H to die

want bring life back to it bring new players in its ovious the old ones want to try somthing new.......
Knoll
QUOTE(.Myke. @ Apr 1 2008, 03:49 PM) *
It's saddening.

Ms get back in the kitchen and keep your wallowing to yourself..
Mystic
Laugh, Knoll.
Mazrath
QUOTE(Knoll @ Apr 1 2008, 04:30 PM) *
Yes Ganon........ Heroes is dead and I am going emo

Bika
There is no one left hardly, im a low level person and its impossible to find things to buy there are only a few crafters...very few/
God M C
QUOTE(Priest of Parian @ Apr 1 2008, 02:44 PM) *
How long you been out of the loop? in last few months a large percentage of the pop from H has moved to L or away from the game as the PvP issue has created a very difficult time for many.

DtA will always be on H. However I see more RE leaving... wtf?
Drekavac
Funny thing is that L server has been totally hijacked by the H refugees. When I happen to log into L server on a noob I see many of the people who have been L players for years standing around in terrible gear, while the H people who have been around for a few months at best are totally decked out.

I remember Sin made the comment that L players don't even bother to kill most of their own bosses. Now that they are timed and controlled by the H carpetbaggers they will never get that opprotunity.

If anything, H is the land of opprotunity now. A good group of organized people that decided to return from L could stand a chance to take back dragons or w/e from the pkers. RE and DtA are basically the only ones left and they are at war. Ally yourself with the rest of the divines left on H and you got a decent chance at taking the server back.
Finnian
QUOTE(Drekavac @ Apr 2 2008, 01:43 PM) *
When I happen to log into L server on a noob I see many of the people who have been L players for years standing around in terrible gear, while the H people who have been around for a few months at best are totally decked out.

Perhaps becuase most long term L players play the game for a different reaon other than 'pixel riches'. We don't need "the best" gear to enjoy the game, as we play to relax, not complete with others. If we happen to wind up with a cool item, then great. But, since we are not about the greed thing, it's not a big deal if we don't.

Nothing has be "highjacked". Most L players don't really care about boses, unless it involves completeing a quest. Once that is done, there's not a great deal of interest in "farming items". For example, I have about 375 wurms left to do, but I am in no hurry to get there; I really don't give a rat's butt about dragons. I'm glad the H players that have come over have found a way to enjoy the server without any PvP. Giving up PvP was probably a lot for some of them to do. Hopefully, they stay entertained and don't feel they have wasted their tokens to move.
Drekavac
Well whatever you like is what it's gonna be from now on, because you will never and I mean never be able to take those things back without pvp. Best you guys are going to be able to do is make a little money selling them arrows and potions, which at best is a form of servitude.
Xenox
If L players play to "relax" why were there dozens of discussions about bosses being camped on L? (even ones that aren't related to a quest) Looks like they care about bosses and want to kill them, but can't be bothered to have initiative in order to get said bosses, or simply lack the ability to do so.
Chorcery
QUOTE(Drekavac @ Apr 2 2008, 08:26 PM) *
Well whatever you like is what it's gonna be from now on, because you will never and I mean never be able to take those things back without pvp. Best you guys are going to be able to do is make a little money selling them arrows and potions, which at best is a form of servitude.

Great example of not being to see a situation from the other side of the fence.

So, if there's this big need to 'camp' bosses on L, what is the motivation?

Since the gear that is dropped from these bosses is basically coveted because it makes PvP better, and there is no PvP on L, why would this group of players want to horde the bosses? It couldn't be because they want gear, since the gear provides little advantage. The only reason would be an attempt to "dominate" or otherwise harrass the other players.

But the principle motivation for playing on L is not competition, achievement, and domination, so the L players will just ignore the boobies standing around picking their noses at Dragons. Eventually these poor misguided ex-H players will realize that their view of the AE world will not provide them the greatest source of their joy in this game on L server - destroying the game play of other players - because most of the L players really don't give a rip about farming Dragons.

The joke is on Drekavac and the rest of these ex-H patriots like him who continue to amaze me at their blind stupidity. Have fun farming your precious Bosses, gather your coveted leet pixel gear, and take it with you when you return to H after you're bored to death on L.
Averlynn
Is this genuinely the current state of the game now?

Phil sad.gif
Masta
QUOTE(Mystic @ Apr 1 2008, 02:52 PM) *
Heroes is dead! (not the TV series, the SERVER!).

From what I know, people keep on moving from H to L (not the other way!) - with this rate there will be no one left in H in a few weeks. sad.gif

Why would DtA server move?
Nugz
theyre will aways be people on H and RE is pwning DTAalot lately so H is still tight
Renjin
QUOTE(Chorcery @ Apr 4 2008, 04:24 AM) *

Great example of not being to see a situation from the other side of the fence.

So, if there's this big need to 'camp' bosses on L, what is the motivation?

Since the gear that is dropped from these bosses is basically coveted because it makes PvP better, and there is no PvP on L, why would this group of players want to horde the bosses? It couldn't be because they want gear, since the gear provides little advantage. The only reason would be an attempt to "dominate" or otherwise harrass the other players.

But the principle motivation for playing on L is not competition, achievement, and domination, so the L players will just ignore the boobies standing around picking their noses at Dragons. Eventually these poor misguided ex-H players will realize that their view of the AE world will not provide them the greatest source of their joy in this game on L server - destroying the game play of other players - because most of the L players really don't give a rip about farming Dragons.

The joke is on Drekavac and the rest of these ex-H patriots like him who continue to amaze me at their blind stupidity. Have fun farming your precious Bosses, gather your coveted leet pixel gear, and take it with you when you return to H after you're bored to death on L.

Does your mother still dress and feed you? Or do you blunder through that too.

Your post was a pointless pile of horse vomit, being the best, and well geared is NOT a PvP only thing, just because its what has ruined H PvP doesnt mean that its the only reason its around. People want to be strong(those that play for combat atleast, those that play for crafting........well lets just say I think you should lay off the meds but whatever) even without PvP, being strong is the goal for many, and unlike the vomit you try to pass off as fact, L has had a long history of gearing and farming, long before server transfers were offered.

Lets look at the bolded text shall we? First we find a blind hate of PvP in all forms, and a correlation that all PvP is "harrasing". Untrue, but everybody can have an oppinion I suppose, but then you go on to state that "most" L players have no interest in boss killing. Or in achievement, what kind of braid dead comment is that? What, do you think everybody who leveled on L has the motivation of a pet rock? Just because they dont play for PvP(for whatever reason) doesnt mean that they all fall into the "Bank Sitting Crafter" role.

Please do us a favor, find a blinder, put your head in it, and hit frappe and make a brain smoothie.
Drekavac
Uh Choercy I'm no ex-H anything. I play on H now and always will.

To me going to L server is like putting training wheels on your bike after you have been riding it normally for a few years. Don't worry, you will never ever see me on your precious L server unless there is a forced merge.
Finnian

Take what back? Nothing has been taken from me. I happen to have some of the best gear available for my level (105), and in 72 mil xp I'll be able to start using the good 106 gear I have collected. And since there is no PvP, losing valuable items like my DTA will never be a concern.

As far as "a form of servitude" is concerned, I have no problem trading for the gear I desire. So it becomes a case of "who is serving who?"...so to speak. If someone wants to farm dragons, I'm quite fine bartering for those items. Yes players do sell dragon gear.

Actually, that's not servitude at all - it's called a game economy. And the recent server moves have been great for the L economy. So I guess I should be thanking all those with poor attitudes and gameplay who drove away a good portion of the H population . Cheers.
BlitzWarrior
things have changed aloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot ever since i played
Lord Coco
QUOTE(Averlynn @ Apr 4 2008, 06:04 AM) *
Is this genuinely the current state of the game now?

Phil sad.gif

aye mate mad.gif
Mazrath
Wow this thread still here...

cool.

Free posts biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.