Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sand Sting
Pixel Mine Forums > Ashen Empires > Knowledge Base > Ashen Empires Spoilers & Hints
Finarfin01
Anyone have any clues on where to find Sand Sting and what if anything needs to be done to make this boss spawn?
Drachen
QUOTE(Finarfin01 @ Dec 3 2008, 07:12 PM) *
Anyone have any clues on where to find Sand Sting and what if anything needs to be done to make this boss spawn?

I saw him north west of the top swamp yesterday, south east of the top swamp and east of the two lower swamps. No idea why he's all over the place and no idea what spawns him.
God M C
tthink turning in your quest spawns him..
Norco
QUOTE(God M C @ Dec 12 2008, 01:25 AM) *
tthink turning in your quest spawns him..

I think that's kind of stupid if so.. For people who don't know that will have to wait ages for him to spawn and then when you finally have killed him, then someone else will have the same stupid problem xD
Mana
Yes, he does spawn on the Kaphra side and I have also spotted him on the Rahura side, across the river on the north side of town. It would appear that he spawns anywhere there is a spawn of dessert whiptails. As best I can figure his placeholder is a dessert whiptail. While that particular dessert whiptail goes unkilled he does not spawn. The only solution to this problem is to kill every dessert whip tail on the server. Then go back tomorrow and do it again. Then go back the next day and do it again. Unfortunately the percentage of placeholder rather than boss spawn seems to be even larger than the Proud Blood Valley Brothers and the area of spawns to be killed is much larger. Upon each sandsting sighting I get on sanctuary channel and announce it but it is a rare thing.
Norco
Please note that Sand Sting also looks exactly the same as a Desert Whiptail xD
Sonji
Ok IK ppl have killed him multiple times, but i have ye to see him cept the one time he was way overpowered and he wiped our entire party (think there was 3 110's 24 100+ warrior/archer, and 3 lvl 105+ mages, and my lowly butt at lvl 70ish) and have never seen him sense, not even when we went back to get our stuff.) can someone please post some SS's of the locations on both sides, and maybe some pics of him. i would appreaciate it alot.
Erudite
when i went in a group (4 to 6 peeps) to kill sand sting, i couldnt see him, there was a huge mob of desert whiptails and locus's among other things, i just stood around waiting to pkay him. my group aoe'd everything and aparently we killed him in the fray lol. i dont know what mob you're talkin about that wipes 110... hes a noob o.o he was near the small pond below khafra, by the river caimens (the lil ones). cant provide ss due to me lagging from the aoe's i never saw him :P
reikoshea
thats where ive always seen him north of the FE spawn on the good side. probably about half way between the town and the caimen spawn on the west side.
Sonji
QUOTE(Erudite @ Jan 30 2009, 12:22 AM) *
when i went in a group (4 to 6 peeps) to kill sand sting, i couldnt see him, there was a huge mob of desert whiptails and locus's among other things, i just stood around waiting to pkay him. my group aoe'd everything and aparently we killed him in the fray lol. i dont know what mob you're talkin about that wipes 110... hes a noob o.o he was near the small pond below khafra, by the river caimens (the lil ones). cant provide ss due to me lagging from the aoe's i never saw him tongue.gif

he was bugged at the time, they hit an extra key somewere and he was doing way to much dmg way to fast, that was the only time i ever sawed him smile.gif
reikoshea
+1...last i saw him he was hella lethal....I was with a mage and she slowed him down (dont know what spell) and then just ate his lunch with MM. seemed to be pretty effective.
Ashleigh
was funny the group we got for sandsting

someone on vent: SANDSTING HOME
everyone else: PARTY ME

we had like a paty of 18 for sandsting ;/
Dahaka
Any other info on Sand Sting? Anyone have a map of his spawn locations?

I have NEVER seen him and I am wondering what I am doing wrong. :S
Rooibos
He spawns west of the Khafra Oasis. He spawned for me after I finished collecting the blood poison from the blood scorpions quest.
Morgan Fey
I just bumped into him on accident one time. It was at the oasis that is south and on the east side of the "pennisula". I was trying to kill this scorpion and suddenly realized he was killing me when I noticed his name. :p
Crazy Chaotic
ive seen sand sting around the first oasis khafra side (below, besides and above), on the other side of the river if u take the portal to rah (so north side), and once i saw him if u go over the bridge rah with the caimans and keep goin till u hit the mountain range there.
if u want to try and force spawn him, keep killin scorps around first oasis is ur best bet i think
The Lag
i've seen him 3 times in the center of khafra island west of the first oasis. he's very easy to miss if you are just running by since he does look exactly like a desert whiptail. he supposedly spawns in several different locations on both islands, but that is the only spot i've seen him.
Lord Dezz
BUMP FOR FIN
Spar
he is based on kill counts on the sand things lol all i know and stay nears tha red dragon that draws the line to dragon lands he spwns < of that side im sure
SERVENT
hmmm what is this? Spar says something pointless and inaccurate?
It has already been said that he can spawn anywhere the whip spiders can spawn, and his PH is a whips spider sooooo.
Dyrankor
QUOTE(SERVENT @ Feb 27 2012, 07:57 AM) *
It has already been said that he can spawn anywhere the whip spiders can spawn, and his PH is a whips spider sooooo.

also bump for fin
Burzy
Sand Sting: AE's Big Foot :P
Dahaka
OK, I've been hunting this thing off & on for about a week. I think there is a problem with it's spawn % or something. Sand Sting is a low level boss that shouldn't be too difficult to spawn. For the sake of comparison, Lava Mold (a much higher level boss) is not nearly as difficult to spawn.

OE, can you simply adjust Sand Sting's spawn rate in order to make this quest "Do-able"?
SERVENT
Sand sting found and killed on L server ( 3-2-12) Kafra side
123emf
QUOTE(Dahaka @ Mar 4 2012, 09:49 AM) *
OK, I've been hunting this thing off & on for about a week. I think there is a problem with it's spawn % or something. Sand Sting is a low level boss that shouldn't be too difficult to spawn. For the sake of comparison, Lava Mold (a much higher level boss) is not nearly as difficult to spawn.

OE, can you simply adjust Sand Sting's spawn rate in order to make this quest "Do-able"?

I ran into to him the other day. But noone was on.
Redwake
First you must adjust OE spawn rate
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.