Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LK/CK locations
Pixel Mine Forums > Ashen Empires > Knowledge Base > Ashen Empires Maps
Redskull
Hey folks.

Anyone know of or willing to make some sort of map/list of monsters asked to slay by the LK/CK?

It would be pretty helpful for people like myself that have not the slightest clue where half of the mobs asked for are.
Tempester
A Spawn Map of ALL monsters (not just LK/CK) is in the works.
SoulHarvester
Cancel it until you get where to find that (bats)
Dagar
Another option for this would be to have the ck/lk give players a general idea of where the mob he wants killed is. ie: hey you can you go kill xxx this for me , have heard they are around (can use town , cords ect for this)
The All Powerful Lara
QUOTE(Dagar @ Apr 4 2008, 09:55 AM) *
Another option for this would be to have the ck/lk give players a general idea of where the mob he wants killed is. ie: hey you can you go kill xxx this for me , have heard they are around (can use town , cords ect for this)

Nah, whatever happened to adventuring? Telling them where the mobs are is practically spoon feeding. Whats wrong with asking other players.?
DEVFujiQ
I think the biggest issues I've had with these quests is the XP given. It does not always correspond to the hard work you have to do to find a small mob or kill something out of your level range.
Redskull
QUOTE(The All Powerful Lara @ Apr 4 2008, 12:22 PM) *

Nah, whatever happened to adventuring? Telling them where the mobs are is practically spoon feeding. Whats wrong with asking other players.?

Well thats all good and fine, but im sure people get annoyed at me asking were such and so monster is ever 30 minutes. And that doesn't mean i'll always find where i need to be.
Baruti
QUOTE(The All Powerful Lara @ Apr 4 2008, 12:22 PM) *

Lara, that is why this is called the "Spoilers & Hints" section. People have the option to look here if they want or need the help.
Rebel
Lara got Baruti'd.
Dagar
QUOTE(The All Powerful Lara @ Apr 4 2008, 02:22 PM) *

Nothing wrong with asking other players, the problem shows up when they dont get a awnser.

The old quest they had in game were simular to what i was suggesting, the ones like take this dog to its owner ect. Having the ck/lk give hints to where they could go would help new players learn the lay of the land, some like not having to ask payers also.

And Red dont know about H but alot on Legends in help, or the legends channel dont mind awnsering those type of questions at all , so never feel your annoying anyone by asking stuff smile.gif

TheBlacksmither
QUOTE(Dagar @ Apr 5 2008, 11:31 AM) *
The old quest they had in game were simular to what i was suggesting, the ones like take this dog to its owner

those were fun, do they still have those?
DEVFujiQ
We've been working on getting the dynamic quest system back in. Is that what you guys are referring to? The randomized ones?
Flutterby
Oh man lol.

I've talked to my guildies about this a few times, I'd never be able to find these monsters without their help. Plus being new I seem to have a tendency to always walk right to the monsters that think my little lvl 51 behind is quite tasty.

I'd love to see the ck tell me where the hell I'm supposed to go... rather than waiting for someone to log and asking lol.

Although........ now I tend to ask for help O.o ...

*oh look a n00bie... NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM*
Dagar
QUOTE(FujiQ @ Apr 5 2008, 06:34 PM) *
We've been working on getting the dynamic quest system back in. Is that what you guys are referring to? The randomized ones?

I my self was using the dynamic as a example of what could be added to the ck/lk, a hint about where the monster it wants you to kill is.

Do know a lot want those dynamic quests back , also knew it was in the works to return them smile.gif
TheBlacksmither
QUOTE(FujiQ @ Apr 5 2008, 04:34 PM) *

those are the ones i was talking about, they wtfpwn:)
Koowluh
With the helpful nature of most players on L, I never had any trouble finding the monsters for my CK/LK quests. Another suggestion; the CK/LK may give you a hint on the whereabouts at a cost of reduced XP (for Christ sake man, do I have to spell it out for you? You can find bats right out of town here!) ?
The All Powerful Lara
Yes the 'Town Quest' or 'Dynamic Quests', as they were variously known were excellent for the new players. Based round Josody, Whisperdale and Krog, and to a lesser extent, Vezryl Lodge, Autumn, Arda, Varg and Hothbro, they gave all sorts of random interesting quests, usually fetching something, finding something, aiding an npc or taking a message. The best one was the Tour Quest in Josody, you took a level 90-100 Guard on a tour from Josody to Gulley, Darkfell, Dunmarrow and back to Josody. On SotD you could do it in 12 minutes for 25k epool.
Lynx
QUOTE(The All Powerful Lara @ Apr 10 2008, 03:56 PM) *
Yes the 'Town Quest' or 'Dynamic Quests', as they were variously known were excellent for the new players. Based round Josody, Whisperdale and Krog, and to a lesser extent, Vezryl Lodge, Autumn, Arda, Varg and Hothbro, they gave all sorts of random interesting quests, usually fetching something, finding something, aiding an npc or taking a message. The best one was the Tour Quest in Josody, you took a level 90-100 Guard on a tour from Josody to Gulley, Darkfell, Dunmarrow and back to Josody. On SotD you could do it in 12 minutes for 25k epool.

That quest was AWESOME back when you were a noob... it was like having a god for a pet... he was so much stronger than you lol, and his HP even regenerated! He could kill RTs back when they were fearsome... I miss those days..
DEVFujiQ
The Dynamic Quests you're talking about are going to be reintroduced at a later date, almost completely fixed!
TheBlacksmither
QUOTE(FujiQ @ Jun 11 2008, 03:05 PM) *
The Dynamic Quests you're talking about are going to be reintroduced at a later date, almost completely fixed!

woo biggrin.gif ty FugiQ
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.