(click link above to view map)

Update*
Map host has been changed I updated the link
(Thanks Cows of Dransik)

Version 1.5.1
Functionality:
  • Click to Activate
  • Arrow Keys Navigation
To make a suggestion for the map post here.

I would like to thank all the players for the support and GM's for help with some information about the maps
Blazedragger
QUOTE(Sir Chris @ Feb 7 2009, 01:59 AM) *
Ashen Empires World Map Viewer

Version 1.5.1
Functionality:
  • Click to Activate
  • Arrow Keys Navigation

I would like to thank all the players for the support and GM's for help with some information about the maps

Hey.. I don't mind to helping you out, in one condition.. I need Map for beginner so I can add some levels monster, Town, Places, and Trainers. (Almost alike wow) I hope that will help you out if we can work on this together for all other players to view.. Contact me sometimes cool.gif
Sir Chris
QUOTE(Blazedragger @ Feb 8 2009, 09:52 PM) *
QUOTE(Sir Chris @ Feb 7 2009, 01:59 AM) *
Ashen Empires World Map Viewer

Version 1.5.1
Functionality:
  • Click to Activate
  • Arrow Keys Navigation

Hey.. I don't mind to helping you out, in one condition.. I need Map for beginner so I can add some levels monster, Town, Places, and Trainers. (Almost alike wow) I hope that will help you out if we can work on this together for all other players to view.. Contact me sometimes B)

Sorry but I can't take on anymore projects!
Sir Chris
By the way some of you will notice that the actual site will load slow that is because I can only load 4mb a hour! I'm still working on the site and I'm not going to put it up on a unlimited host until I get done with the project. I have put all my efforts completely on completing the map. All other projects are on hold right now. Click on 'My Blog' in my sig to get info on Map progress.
KaaLimaTo
Well it could go to 8 directions instead of 4. and maybe set diff sizes?
Sir Chris
QUOTE(KaaLimaTo @ Feb 11 2009, 09:25 AM) *
Well it could go to 8 directions instead of 4. and maybe set diff sizes?

I'm working on the map right now will be adding a zoom feature and you will be able to drag the map with your mouse.
Sir Chris
I want to go ahead and say that the host I'm using is not going to work! I have to wait an hour after a update to view the site. So It will take some time to get the map up and going on a new host so I'm going to have to wait till I get some extra funds in so I can pay for a year worth of hosting time!
Cows of Dransik
I can give you free hosting, don't worry about trying to pay for it. I'll send you the info you'll need.
KaaLimaTo
Couldn't IWG just host it for you? This way it would be at www.ashenempires.com too.
Cows of Dransik
IWG would have to give him FTP access to their web server, which while possible is unlikely. He couldn't just submit it once, as he needs constant access to be able to do revisions on the fly.

Second, they'd have to consider a huge Flash application's influence on the bandwith. It's several megabytes to load this app, that would effect the actual games they're serving if enough people decided to visit the map. This may not be a large consideration, but it may make sense.
KaaLimaTo
I would destroy IWG by loading the map on 10 computers with 100mb bandwith B.gif AECph34r.gif AECph34r.gif AECph34r.gif
Sir Chris
Updated*

Title Corrections
MouseOver Name Expansion and Coordinates
Map Reset Button
Half Size (fixed)
Still Da Mom
Very Nice!
Mazrath
I really like this.

Now if only you could show mobs on it :P
Sir Chris
QUOTE(Mazrath @ Feb 26 2009, 07:24 PM) *
I really like this.

Now if only you could show mobs on it :P

I'm considering a Mob Map where I could add a feature where you can toggle visibility of place titles and mobs. I would be a lot of work would definitely need help though.
Mazrath
I wish I could help, but I dont know squat about that sort of thing. :(
Norco
Fix the link plx, it isn't working B.gif
reikoshea
senor cow updated his dns on 07-apr-2009 and it stopped working. Looks like he might have gotten a new server cause now the authoritative name servers are set to 1and1.com (a dedicated server provider).
Sir Chris
All I can do is give it to someone to host I haven't played the game in some time been playing on ffxi but anyone that wants to host the map can have it to host!
Cows of Dransik
Apologies. I will rehost it this week, and provide the link.
Sir Chris
QUOTE(Cows of Dransik @ Aug 5 2009, 01:28 PM) *
Apologies. I will rehost it this week, and provide the link.

Thank you Cows of Dransik!

To Users of Map.
I have been outside the gaming world lately with an occasional game of Halo 3. I'm thinking of revamping the map but I don't know. If anyone is familiar with Action Script 3 and has Adobe Flash CS3 or higher and wants the .fla file to the map to work on it you can I will also provide the font that I used and a .PSD file of the Map! Sorry that the map has been down guys look for a new URL by Cows of Dransik soon. To anyone that wants this map on your site it's not hard to upload, and you can redo the graphics outside the Flash File.
Bofur
Has he hosted the new site with the Map?
Ghost of Choice
As far as I know, Geocities is going to be shut down October, 26, 2009.
Ghost of Choice
QUOTE(Ghost of Choice @ Aug 22 2009, 01:28 AM) *
As far as I know, Geocities is going to be shut down October, 26, 2009.

That's today. The site needs a new hosting solution now.
Norco
I kind of miss this map, I can't find any good ae worldmap anymore AEChuh.gif
Moabgurl
I know this is bumping an old topic but I would really like this map hosted again. So I have a few links that might help, if the owner of the map reads this thread anymore.

You can sign up for a domain name through this site http://www.uni.cc/site/home.php and host it through these guys http://www.freehostia.com/. They are both free. Freehostia is the best free domain host I have found out there. And, if you want more, they are relatively cheap for what you get. Just for a free account you get 250 MB disk space, 6 GB bandwidth, 3 POP3/IMAP E-mails.

Or you can sign up for a domain through freehostia themselves, but I prefer uni.cc because you have a better chance of getting the domain name that you want.

Hope this helps. smile.gif
Riggs
Have no fear, Riggs is here! I've been working hard today on creating a new map and am near completion. As soon as the servers come back online I'll finish it up and get it online for you guys.
Sir Chris
Alright I have to make a new interactive map! because of computer crash and back drive went at the same time. So this time I'm going upload the map .swf and give link and everyone is welcome to use.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.