Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Patience
Pixel Mine Forums > Ashen Empires > Servers > Heroes Server
Mana
Today I had a late lunch and stopped at my favorite little mom and pop fast food place. I walked in and the place was empty. Through the opening to the back room I could see the cook sitting. The counter person was on the phone. So I looked up at the clock and started to wait. Patiently I listened to half a conversation of the counter person and whoever it was on the other end. Finally I looked back at the clock and noticed I had been standing there for five minutes and no one had even acknowledged my presence. I guess I was invisible today so I turned and walked out the door, returning the store to its no customer condition.
As we enter the third month of waiting for ANYTHING to be done with the faction system, I've noticed H server is looking more and more like the shop I was in today.
My question is not will anything ever be done but rather will anyone ever think to say, "We're a little busy with something else right now, but we'll get to you as soon as possible."?
Eventually everyone gets to a point that being patient gives way to the realization that you are just being ignored.
Temujin
It was announced just recently that the Devs had been working and still are on the Dungeons of Dransik project. At the same time, the PvP council has been brainstorming on the faction system and eveything else PvP. It is still in the process of being wrapped up and careful consideration is being given to the players' views and suggestions with regards to the myriad issues before any changes are decided on.
AE is simply going through one of its periodic lulls but we all know what happens after a lull. Big and exciting changes, that's what. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and we assure you that the faction issues is not being ignored.
Zues
maybe not being ignored but it's all in text and is far from live. PMG can work on multi projects so the release of Dungeons of Dransik project should not effect changes being made to the faction system.
webo
remove factions, they suck! zues come play dude!
Krazel
I actually think the Pvp is fine, I just think there is a lack of people willing to PvP and most of the top chars on H are in DtA so there is no divesion. Really its lack of will of the community on H server DtA is well organized and the rest are well... scattered lack of numbers, lack of geared players. Most people just join DtA.. I want to see more players get two 110 chars on legends and move a char over to H cuz L is over poppulated ,
just my opinion which probably isnt good
Firelz
the game is dying, get over it.
Krazel
I dont really think AE is dead... its always been a small community

I really think the PvP is good, its not like the old days but its still good. You just have to always run wit a group. L is overpoppulated I think. You've seen how many people show up to bosses on L!
Lord Dezz
factions screwed pvp like tadeable tokens screwed the economy dont get my wrong i like my summons and no drops and item repairs

but u should only be able to trade like vip or summons not actual tokens

so that when people sell items its not just for a pile of tokens

tho im sure they love all the new income

and factions lol gimi a break forceing people to pick side cause neutral doesnt have a dungeon

I want equall rights for neutral players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Grey Man
I was under the impression that all you had to do to get access to the dungeons is be part of a party that has the appropriate faction leader during a town take over.

Am I wrong?

Thanks.
Meilute
QUOTE(Lord Dezz @ Feb 8 2010, 06:10 PM) *
and factions lol gimi a break forceing people to pick side cause neutral doesnt have a dungeon
I want equall rights for neutral players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They did made dungeon for neutrals, its in hell
Rick James

That the one with Darkblade/Dunkelklinge?

When in doubt give the boss a german name :P
Knoll

Darkblade? Who is Darkblade? I know about Dunkeldick, and who bumped this thread from 8 months ago? B.gif
Rick James
lol nub, darkblade is the english translation of dunkelklinge.

*lol's at knoll for probably dropping all his evening classes to try and camp this boss * <3

oh, and dezz was the necro
Still Da Mom
You can go in all the faction dungeons as netrual but one as far as I know. I stayed neutral til...the end, (when everyone on L went Lotorian for the town buffs) so I could get sally skins in the dungeon in NK.
Knoll
QUOTE(Rick James @ Feb 11 2010, 03:25 PM) *
lol nub, darkblade is the english translation of dunkelklinge.

*lol's at knoll for probably dropping all his evening classes to try and camp this boss * <3

oh, and dezz was the necro

But I only have 1 evening class and that's on Thursday!
Still Da Mom
Knoll = forum troll!

Quit posting! You are catching up to me! AECtongue.gif
Knoll
QUOTE(Still Da Mom @ Feb 11 2010, 08:33 PM) *
Knoll = forum troll!

Quit posting! You are catching up to me! AECtongue.gif

Excuse me... You were the only one who got their posts transferred from old forums. Therefore, I beat you in posts, hands down! :D
Artor
QUOTE(Temujin @ Apr 15 2009, 07:33 AM) *
It was announced just recently that the Devs had been working and still are on the Dungeons of Dransik project. At the same time, the PvP council has been brainstorming on the faction system and eveything else PvP. It is still in the process of being wrapped up and careful consideration is being given to the players' views and suggestions with regards to the myriad issues before any changes are decided on.
AE is simply going through one of its periodic lulls but we all know what happens after a lull. Big and exciting changes, that's what. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and we assure you that the faction issues is not being ignored.

OK DoD is released what now? PvP still broken, whats happenin regarding fixing it? is it going to be fixed? some kinda input from devs be handy
Burzy
Artor you'r e a great guy, but you seem to be necroing a lot of dead topics lately lol... *on topic* there have been many posts by OE saying they have been working on

-the rune warrior/VF dungeon.
-reworking soc item quests to be repeatable
- and the usual list of bugs that they can jam out quickly with the resources/time they have available.

The information is around if you look for it (usually clicking a devs name on forums and looking up their posts will get you the most info fastest)

Artor
QUOTE(Burzy @ May 4 2010, 02:39 PM) *
Artor you'r e a great guy, but you seem to be necroing a lot of dead topics lately lol... *on topic* there have been many posts by OE saying they have been working on

-the rune warrior/VF dungeon.
-reworking soc item quests to be repeatable
- and the usual list of bugs that they can jam out quickly with the resources/time they have available.

The information is around if you look for it (usually clicking a devs name on forums and looking up their posts will get you the most info fastest)

Cheers burz, I just catchin up with everything bin MIA for a while and never bin that good at forum dredging, I'll try look around more carefully before posting biggrin.gif
soz lol AE_blush.gif
Burzy
i aint hatin welcome back :)
Krazel
Nothing wrong with PvP in my opinion O.o
Only thing wrong with factions is it gives to much bonus per faction if that faction has all the towns maybe make it so tala's get a certain amount of extra **** stats an others goodies and make lotor get an equal stat modifier am goodies an not let it be bout takin towns over still let there be town takes overs so the faction system not lost just makin it where the other faction cant bank/shop/mark spawn there keeeep flame pala gear to tala an EEO to lotors rawrrrr M WHAT
Ghost of Choice
A couple of town faction buff ideas:
  • If your faction is losing the war (has fewer towns controlled), your faction gets a special buff that works only against Town Guardians; the buff would gain power the more desperate the imbalance is.
  • If a town doesn't change hands for a significant amount of time, its buffs degrade.
This would help break the stagnant situation where an entire server is all one faction. Of course, there might be ways to game these changes, but that's what playtesting is for.
Krazel
yeah I think the faction system would be easy to fix if they just actually worked on this game O.o just make the buffs more equal for both sides
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.