Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Magic Missle Damage based on??
Pixel Mine Forums > Ashen Empires > Players > Ashen Empires Mages
hallblazer
I know that melee damage is often based on str or dex...

I would like to know if Magic Missle is based on something just like melee. I would guess that its int but can someone confirm this?
Still Da Mom
It is supposed to be based on int. I don't know if it is a bug or not but when using SoEM (don't know about many other staves) as a melee weapon, it can do incredible damage. Way better than even dark sword. I never leave home without it! And I dunno what the melee damage with SoEM is based on. I'm BM so it could be int or str... *shrugz*
Burzum
I've heard it's based on str , which might explain why BM's hit insane mage missile damage more ofoten than other mages (this is at least something ive noticed playing both a bm and con mage)
SoulHarvester
Damage itself based on INT, but Critical Hit is based on STR - thats why BMs can crit hit alot B.gif
Burzum
awesome
hallblazer
Being a Dexmage I do like 700-800 crit hits on a Blue Dragon, is that comparable with a BM? or do they hit harder?

Normal damage is like 250-550... Oh and it also depends if you are close to the dragon(or any other mob) or hitting it from a distance, which i think is weird.
Norco
QUOTE(hallblazer @ Apr 17 2009, 10:03 AM) *
Being a Dexmage I do like 700-800 crit hits on a Blue Dragon, is that comparable with a BM? or do they hit harder?

Normal damage is like 250-550... Oh and it also depends if you are close to the dragon(or any other mob) or hitting it from a distance, which i think is weird.

I'm pretty sure it's based on Str for some reason. Anyway the main reason SoEM hit so hard is bacause of the change to what damage it does meele. Went from Blunt to Magic Missle, so now it's doing 300% more damage meele then it was doing before due to the 300% Magic Missle bonus.

You have to get close to do damage like 900 without crit, or 1800(or more) with crit B.gif

Technicly SoEM got 60.75 base dps in meele, due to the 300% magic missle thing xD
Knoll
All I knows is I hit godlike with SoEM... I can steal zult sword agro
Norco
QUOTE(Knoll @ Apr 18 2009, 08:18 AM) *

Like I said... B.gif

QUOTE(Norco @ Apr 17 2009, 10:15 AM) *
Technicly SoEM got 60.75 base dps in meele, due to the 300% magic missle thing xD

Basicly what I'm saying here is.. SoEM got higher dps then any other weapon in the game.. pb.gif
Knoll
QUOTE(Norco @ Apr 18 2009, 04:08 AM) *

Like I said... B.gif

Basicly what I'm saying here is.. SoEM got higher dps then any other weapon in the game.. pb.gif

Ofc not, I was hitting consecutive 100's on green boss today, instead of like 200 with a 65 drain... I think that is quite unepic.
Still Da Mom
Gees! Don't tell anyone! They will nerf it! AECohmy.gif
Knoll
QUOTE(Still Da Mom @ Apr 19 2009, 12:12 AM) *

Tell them WHAT?
Norco
QUOTE(Still Da Mom @ Apr 19 2009, 08:12 AM) *

Nah, it miss more then Darksword which got +35 to hit, SoEM got +40 to hit. So no need to worry about that.
Burzum
QUOTE(Still Da Mom @ Apr 19 2009, 03:12 AM) *

I AGREE, STFU ALL YOU YOU !! <3
GrayFox
QUOTE(Knoll @ Apr 18 2009, 11:42 PM) *

Like I said... B.gif

Basicly what I'm saying here is.. SoEM got higher dps then any other weapon in the game.. tongue.gifb:

Ofc not, I was hitting consecutive 100's on green boss today, instead of like 200 with a 65 drain... I think that is quite unepic.

its called resistances B.gif
Knoll
QUOTE(GrayFox @ Apr 20 2009, 08:47 AM) *
QUOTE(Knoll @ Apr 18 2009, 11:42 PM) *

Like I said... B.gif

its called resistances B.gif

Only mom will understand that
B.gif
Nestor
hmm, so shouldnt crit hit actually depend on the used weapons' primary stat then?

also, how about twisted staff of agon. it does blunt damage while giving bonus to MM damage o.O dont you think its messed up??

Knoll
QUOTE(Nestor @ May 17 2009, 05:30 AM) *
hmm, so shouldnt crit hit actually depend on the used weapons' primary stat then?

also, how about twisted staff of agon. it does blunt damage while giving bonus to MM damage o.O dont you think its messed up??

No. Look at a weapon like Life stealer, it does cut damage and a bit of soul damage. Seething poison bow also gives some poison damage when you shoot.
Nestor
QUOTE(Knoll @ May 19 2009, 05:24 AM) *

No. Look at a weapon like Life stealer, it does cut damage and a bit of soul damage. Seething poison bow also gives some poison damage when you shoot.

i dont know what you mean.
what i wanted do say is just: crit hit with swords, axes, blunts etc should depend on str, crit hit with bows, xbows should depend on dex, crit hit with wands should depend on hit, right? i just fail to understand how physical muscle strength can make your wand's magical bolts hit harder :/

so is this a bug? or a designed advantage for BMs?

or did you refer to the twisted staff of agon? the problem with the staff is that it gives bonus to MM damage, but it does only and only blunt damage, so the bonus cannot be used! o.O
Mystic
Doesn't Twisted Staff of Agon do Magic Missile damage from far range? huh.gif

.. unless they changed it.. which I doubt..
Knoll
QUOTE(Nestor @ May 24 2009, 12:27 PM) *
QUOTE(Knoll @ May 19 2009, 05:24 AM) *

i dont know what you mean.
what i wanted do say is just: crit hit with swords, axes, blunts etc should depend on str, crit hit with bows, xbows should depend on dex, crit hit with wands should depend on hit, right? i just fail to understand how physical muscle strength can make your wand's magical bolts hit harder :/

so is this a bug? or a designed advantage for BMs?

or did you refer to the twisted staff of agon? the problem with the staff is that it gives bonus to MM damage, but it does only and only blunt damage, so the bonus cannot be used! o.O

It sounds to me you're angry you aren't a mage
Zieg
QUOTE(Mystic @ May 24 2009, 05:00 PM) *
Doesn't Twisted Staff of Agon do Magic Missile damage from far range? huh.gif

.. unless they changed it.. which I doubt..

I'm dex mage, I routinely hit 500+ with my twisted staff of agon. I hit even harder in melee on rts, it splits the damage into blunt and mm. I only have 6 str, so I doubt that the damage is based off that, since there is no difference from what i've seen in my damage with or without str buffs.
Mystic
Nice bump, however you're slightly wrong with that matter.

With a high STR your criticals will hit harder. That's a fact. smile.gif
Butters
you guys are all high, solo a demon with soem, then solo a demon with darksword and ull see that soem does not have 60 dps or is it stronger
Morgan Fey
QUOTE(Knoll @ Apr 19 2009, 02:05 AM) *

Tell them WHAT?

This is a slightly old thread. SoEM WAS nerfed. It USED to do incredible damage; now it just does nice damage. AECwacko.gif
Knoll
QUOTE(Morgan Fey @ Feb 25 2011, 10:14 AM) *
QUOTE(Knoll @ Apr 19 2009, 02:05 AM) *

Tell them WHAT?

This is a slightly old thread. SoEM WAS nerfed. It USED to do incredible damage; now it just does nice damage. AECwacko.gif

Some people fail to check the dates on threads. Yes, SoEM used to hit 2k crits and 800 normals, someone got it nerfed :D
Butters
hmm....maybe im the one thats high, didnt notice this thread was almost 2 years old AE_blush.gif
DragonMagus
[/quote]
i just fail to understand how physical muscle strength can make your wand's magical bolts hit harder :/
[/quote]
it's RECOIL BAYBEH ! RECOIL ! Hhhhhhheadshottt biggrin.gif:D:D:D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.